How your dog could go vegan

Speaking of dogs, they can survive and thrive well on vegan division as long as the required nutrient is supplied into the body. This was also testified by the Cummins veterinary medical center at Tufts University.

In 1994, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) reported results of a systematic survey of the health of 300 vegetarian dogs sourced from 33 states within the U.S. and Canada. These dogs ranged in age from young puppies to 19 years old and included a wide range of breeds, males, and females, both neutered and entire. Of these, 65.3 percent (196/300) were vegan, with the remaining 34.7 percent (104/300) simply vegetarian.

They have been maintained on these diets less than two, to over nine years, with an average of 5.7 years. Although the precise diets used, and their level of nutritional adequacy, is unknown but the required nutrient was supplied to these dogs.

However, Twenty-eight deceased dogs were included in the survey, with the median age of death being 12.6 years. 80 percent of dogs maintained on vegan diets for 50 percent to 100 percent of their lifetimes were reported as being in good to excellent health. Studied by PETA

The University Of Vienna also studies the consequence of vegan food using over 20 dogs. However, the results indicate that there is no negative effect on diet change. 

Feeding your dog a vegan diet is very easy but the most important aspect is to provide your dog with the necessary nutrient as it has so many benefits towards dog health such as:

  • Weight control
  • Arthritis regression
  • Diabetes regression
  • Incidence of ectoparasites and more 

Knowing from Genetic study that dogs were produced from wolves around 15,000 years ago pointing out that they are carnivores. However, 15,000 years have been long-distance and so many breeds of dogs as been produced showing a high tendency of being considered omnivores. 

In fact, in 2013 an amazing  Border Collie living to 27 years (189 years in humans) held the Guinness World Record for being the oldest dog at that time, lived on a vegan diet of rice, lentils, and vegetables.

This has been evidence enough to understand the benefits of a vegan diet for dogs. 

However, many dog lovers still haven’t experienced these benefits and due to lack of understanding on how to make their dog go vegan and still remain healthy.

Behold, the following two tips will help out in making dog vegetarian and still stay healthy.

Feed High-Quality Vegan Dog Food Brands

As there’s plenty of evidence that dogs can survive on a vegan diet, many animal industrial companies as produced several vegan products. However, using the best product that contains more plant ingredients is advisable. 

You need to ensure that any brand you buy provides and supplies all nutrients, minerals, vitamins and other nutrients for a healthy life. 

There are different brands with different ingredients however, high-quality matters. 

Prepare Homemade Using Vegan Recipes

Homemade food has so much benefit due to the fact that most of the time it is prepared in a large quantity causing dogs to consume largely and therefore adding a higher nutritional value than store products.

Ingredients may incorporate the use of vegetables, cereals, legumes, nuts, fruits, vegetable oil, groundnut oil, soy, rice, lentils, as well as any other nutritious non-animal based foods.

An important ingredient that must not be missed in every food, is vegetable and fruit as it contains a beneficiary organic substance that provides several kinds of a health boost.

In conclusion,

Changing the diet of your dog might seem difficult due to the fact that your dog is used to animal product food where lots of beef or other animal content is included. 

However, this can be successfully dealt with. All you have to do is make a gradual change in diet.

You simply mix a high amount of vegan food with a low amount of animal products and as time goes on such a dog will discover the change of diet and fully adapt to a vegan diet. 

Sharing is caring!

7 thoughts to “How Your Dog Could Go Vegan And Still Stay Healthy

  • SEO Company

    Awesome post! Keep up the great work! 🙂

    Reply
  • Alisha Gouldman

    whoah this blog is magnificent i love reading your posts. Keep up the good work! You realize, a lot of persons are hunting around for this information, you can help them greatly.

    Reply
  • Ying Butland

    that is excellent blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.

    Reply
  • Nery Klopp

    I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But should remark on few general things, The web site style is wonderful, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

    Reply

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *